Friday, October 14, 2016

Kaiser’s Tengelmann will, however, smash – FAZ – Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung

The loss-making supermarket chain Kaiser’s Tengelmann with its 15,000 employees, is smashing. Negotiations to rescue the loss-making company failed. Tengelmann, the owner of Karl-Erivan Haub expects that now with the loss of a “large number” of jobs. He spoke on Thursday night of a “very disappointing news”. Nationwide, Kaiser has's Tengelmann, approximately 15 000 people in over 400 branches.

Haub announced that Tengelmann will now begin next week with the smashing of the loss of the supermarket chain. “Unfortunately, we have to assume that for many branches, not a supermarket operator can be found,” said Haub. “Therefore, a large number of employees is facing the loss of their jobs.” He had instructed the management Board of Kaiser’s Tengelmann, as part of comprehensive social plan negotiations.

week-long negotiations

For weeks, there were negotiations for the rescue of Kaiser’s Tengelmann. Major problems in the case of the planned Takeover by Edeka. However, two crisis summits between the heads of Tengelmann, Edeka and Rewe, as well as representatives of the trade Union Verdi had brought no solution. At a Meeting last week, the Parties had set a deadline of next Monday to reach a solution.

Rewe played a key role in the discussions. Rewe and Norma and Striking an appeal against a Ministerial approval for the Takeover of Kaiser’s Tengelmann by Edeka. With this Federal Economics Minister Sigmar Gabriel (SPD) had ruled a Veto by the Federal cartel office against the Acquisition of Kaiser’s Tengelmannn by Edeka.

Futile crisis

the meeting, Due to the actions Edeka, Kaiser’s could not take over Tengelmann as planned. The economic situation of the supermarket chain, had deteriorated in the past few weeks, increasingly. In the crisis, had been trying to meet, but to find a solution to the rescue of Kaiser’s Tengelmann. For this, Rewe should have the suits to withdraw.

On Thursday evening declared but Tengelmann, Edeka and Rewe, the negotiations failed. “Unfortunately, the talks with Rewe have not brought any solution,” said Edeka. “We have invested a further two weeks time to reach for the employees certainty and the implementation of the concluded collective agreements, even by a competitor.”

Who is to blame?

Haub, said that the plaintiff had not been ready “to work constructively to find solutions” and their complaints to withdraw. Rewe CEO Alain Caparros said in a message: “The discussions about the future of Kaiser’s Tengelmann have failed.” Rewe reported that the group was nonetheless willing to accept Kaiser’s Tengelmann as a Whole.

The groups to each other the blame for the Failure of the talks. Caparros threw Haub and Edeka CEO Markus Mosa, this would have speculated at the expense of the employees of Kaiser’s Tengelmann””. There is until now no serious, verifiable and legally implementable on offer in Rewe for a constructive solution.

Edeka, said: “It is the impression that Rewe was not interested in any solution within the framework of the Ministerial approval.” Contrary to all public pronouncements in the past, Rewe is obviously not willing to purchase the same terms and conditions as Edeka, at least, parts of Kaiser’s Tengelmann and the employees accordingly.

Federal Minister of Economics Gabriel insists, even after the failed negotiations over a rescue of Kaiser’s Tengelmann to a compromise. He would appeal again, “is that all Parties should seriously try to find a viable solution for the future” of the nearly 16, 000 employees, said the SPD leader in Berlin. A Failure of the negotiations would be upsetting for the employees concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment