Saturday, October 15, 2016

Kaiser’s-Tengelmann-Fusion: Rewe-chief rages against competitors – TIME ONLINE

Chairman of The management Board of Rewe Group, Alain Caparros, has referred to the negotiations between Edeka and Kaiser’s Tengelmann as a mess. With clear words, he criticized the actions of the competition in an Interview with the Frankfurter Allgemeine Sunday newspaper. “I can’t be blamed for it, what the competition is screwed up,” said Caparros dismissed the allegations, to be to blame for the possible loss of jobs due to the bursting of the merger of Edeka and Kaiser’s Tengelmann.

The criticism of his complaint that he had lodged an appeal against the Ministerial approval of Sigmar Gabriel, rejected Caparros. Kaiser’s Tengelmann and Edeka have made “all wrong, what you can do wrong,” he told the newspaper. He criticized the competition is that you respect the institutions of the rule of law, miss Gabriel “taken hostage” and forced him to the Minister for permission, “was in error”.

The food chains Rewe, Norma and Striking Gabriel’s Ministers had permission for the Takeover of Kaiser’s Tengelmann by Edeka in front of the court stopped. The cartel office and the monopoly Commission had prohibited the merger of Edeka and Kaiser’s Tengelmann, because Edeka would have too large a share of super markets in Germany. The group then sought a Ministerial permit from the Minister of the economy, Gabriel.

Caparros said he must now serve as a bogeyman. And: “What a mess is.” The Chairman of the Board admitted in the Interview that the Rewe Group is interested to take a share of the markets from Kaiser’s Tengelmann. At the beginning of October, there had been a Conciliation meeting between the three major chains, in which a breakdown of the markets from Kaiser’s Tengelmann had indicated.

Caparros gave the Tengelmann boss Karl-Erivan Haub of the blame for the negotiations failed. At the same time, he made it clear that the issue here is, who could lead the market in the future. The markets were basically the last major Acquisition in the country. “Who’s not coming now, which is suspended on the course of many years,” said Caparros.

Haub, in turn, was the Rewe-in-chief the responsibility for the unhappy Situation to an end. The Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung he said, “Mr. Caparros has made everything from the start to destroy the Deal”. Should there be no agreement between the rivals, is expected to Emperor crush’s Tengelmann and the stores to be sold individually. Tengelmann-Chef Haub talks of up to 8,000 jobs could be lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment