the negotiations for The rescue of the loss-making supermarket chain Kaiser’s Tengelmann have failed. Now the owner of Karl-Erivan Haub expects that with the loss of a “large number” of jobs. Tengelmann will now in the coming week with the smashing of the loss of the supermarket chain rich’s start, announced Haub on Thursday evening. He spoke of a “very disappointing news”. Nationwide, Kaiser has’s Tengelmann, approximately 15,000 people in more than 400 stores.
The afternoon was the Failure of the talks with the competitors. Only sent Rewe appropriate opinions, then Edeka. In the evening, the Tengelmann owner reported. “Unfortunately, we have to assume that for many branches, not a supermarket operator can be found,” said Haub. “Therefore, a large number of employees is facing the loss of their jobs.” He had instructed the management Board of Kaiser’s Tengelmann, as part of comprehensive social plan negotiations.
How many jobs are actually threatened, not yet. To date, the company had warned in the event of a destruction before the loss of 8,000 of the approximately 15,000 jobs.
the negotiations for The rescue of Kaiser’s Tengelmann continued for weeks. Background significant problems with the planned Takeover by Edeka. But also had two crisis summits between the heads of Tengelmann, Edeka and Rewe, as well as representatives of the trade Union Ver.di is not a solution. Meanwhile, deteriorated the economic situation of the chain is increasing.
The Meeting last week had made all the Kaiser’s-Tengelmann employees, however, hope. The Parties had agreed on the target to allow the Takeover of Kaiser’s Tengelmann by Edeka. In the process, they set themselves a deadline until next Monday.
Rewe played a role in the discussions. The group had also sued as Norma and Striking against a Ministerial approval. With this Federal Economics Minister Sigmar Gabriel (SPD) had ruled a Veto by the Federal cartel office against the Acquisition of Kaiser’s Tengelmannn by Edeka. However, because of the actions Edeka could not take over the ailing supermarket chain yet. For a rescue Rewe should have the suits to withdraw.
On Thursday afternoon, Tengelmann, Edeka and Rewe said the negotiations, however, failed. “Unfortunately, the talks with Rewe have not brought any solution,” said Edeka. “We have invested a further two weeks time to reach for the employees certainty and the implementation of the concluded collective agreements, even by a competitor.”
Haub, said that the plaintiff had not been ready “to work constructively to find solutions” and their complaints to withdraw. Rewe CEO Alain Caparros said in a message: “The discussions about the future of Kaiser’s Tengelmann have failed.” Rewe reported that the group was nonetheless willing to accept Kaiser’s Tengelmann as a Whole.
The groups to blame each other for the Failure of the talks. Caparros threw Haub and Edeka CEO Markus Mosa, this would have speculated at the expense of the employees of Kaiser’s Tengelmann””. There is until now no serious, verifiable and legally implementable on offer in Rewe for a constructive solution, said Caparros.
Edeka said: “It is the impression that Rewe was not interested in any solution within the framework of the Ministerial approval.” Contrary to all public pronouncements in the past, Rewe is obviously not willing to purchase the same terms and conditions as Edeka, at least, parts of Kaiser’s Tengelmann and the employees accordingly.